Game day will soon be upon us: are you ready? I have to admit: the game itself isn’t usually what I get pumped up about. Rather, I get excited to plan the menu for friends and family to enjoy (and to watch the commercials). Putting together a great game day spread can be a challenge. You want to make it simple to assemble, and to include foods that are easy to eat for partygoers. But you don’t want it to be boring either! That is why the cilantro lime marinated shrimp I have to share today is just what you need!
Yes, I could top my table with some of the classics, but for today’s game day gathering with the folks of Sunday Supper I wanted to contribute something a little different. My game day usually involves drinking wine (rather than beer), so creating a dish that could perfectly pair with wine is essential. Enter: cilantro lime marinated shrimp, paired with Gallo’s Pinot Grigio. Our Sunday Supper crew has put together a plethora of food and wine combinations in celebration of the game day, so you are sure to find a dish that pairs perfectly with your favorite wine.
Why this pairing? Gallo’s Pinot Grigio features the crisp flavors of apples, peach, and citrus. These flavors marry well with seafood and other acidic foods. This dish has both! One of my husband’s favorite game day foods always involves shrimp. He loves a classic shrimp cocktail, but I figured this combination would bring something a bit unique to the table. You’ve got your herbs, the zing of lime, the savory hint of garlic…it’s a light and tasty combination your football party guests will hopefully enjoy as much as we do. What I also love about this dish is that I can prepare it the day before; all I have to do on the day of the party is scoop the shrimp into a bowl or platter to serve! You really can’t mess up this shrimp; you literally combine all the ingredients together and let them sit in the refrigerator. I love a dish like that…don’t you?
Make sure you look for more information on Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines here. To find where you can purchase Gallo wines, visit their store locator. You can also connect with Gallo Family Vineyards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
So I’m curious: what will you be serving on game day? What’s on the menu?
- ½ pound shrimp, cooked
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a gallon sized ziplock bag or shallow dish with a cover.
- Place ziplock/container in the refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour or more before serving. Serve chilled; enjoy!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Make sure you check out all the other game day pairings from the Sunday Supper crew!
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Chipotle Quinoa Fritters by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Ham Barbecue by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian