This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ClausAndPaws #CollectiveBias
The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming! How in the world did it get to be so late in the year? I feel as though time has flown by, and now it’s time to get shopping for the holidays! Every year there is always some homemade element in my gifts to family and friends. I love the special touch it adds; being able to say that I not only thought about the gift but put time and love into creating something special is what it is all about for me! And my family and friends aren’t the only ones who benefit: we can’t forget our furbabies, now can we? This year, I’m creating DIY snowdrift jars for dog treats to gift to the four legged friends in my life.
Life really wouldn’t be the same without our dogs. My family is truly a “dog family.” So much so that on my side of the tree, the dogs outnumber the humans! My parents have two dogs, Justin and I have two, and my brother and his wife have three! Needless to say, when everyone is together it is quite a sight!
The holidays are a time to show the ones around you how much you care (although really – why not throughout the entire year?), so leaving the dogs out of the fun is just not acceptable! We love giving the pups a few special treats, especially when we can store them in a fun container or two! Treats are the #1 gift for pets, so getting creative with a way to keep them on the counter for easy access is always a plus. Our favorite treat of choice is PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® Original. Oral care for our dogs is something I have become quite a stickler about. I brush Sherman and Lucia’s teeth on a regular basis, but also having a treat that targets oral health is something I really can get on board with. My dogs go crazy for PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® Original- it is so fun to see the excitement on their faces when the package comes out! It’s a good thing that they are easy to find in stock at Walmart in the pet aisle. You’ll definitely want to replenish your collection before the holiday season!
This year, I wanted to present the pups in our clan with a treat jar of their own. Thankfully, the process is VERY simple, requires just a few materials, and you might just find yourself creating a bit of snowdrift EVERYTHING in your house once you master the technique. I know I’m tempted to! This DIY snowdrift jar fits your DENTASTIX® Original collection perfectly! Alternately, you can fill up your treat jar with PEDIGREE® MarroBone™ – either option will have your dogs’ tails wagging wildly!
- Epsom salt
- Sponge paintbrush
- Glass (or plastic) jar, or any clear container you'd like to use
- Pour a generous amount of epsom salt in a large bowl or baking dish (like a pie plate). Sprinkle glitter throughout, then mix with your hands or a utensil to incorporate.
- Dip the paintbrush in the ModPodge. Apply to the base of the jar/container to the height you would like the snow effect to reach. You can paint in a straight line, in a curved line - whatever you please!
- Hold the canister over the epsom salt dish and sprinkle a generous amount of the mixture over it. The salt will stick to the canister. You can also pat gently to make sure it sticks.
- Allow containers to dry on a surface they won’t get messy (I placed old newspaper on my counter); mine took about an hour or two to dry completely. If desired, apply a second coat of ModPodge and salt/glitter. Allow to dry completely.
- Use a paint pen to write the names of your dog(s) on top of the canister. Allow to dry.
- Fill with desired treats, set on the counter, and enjoy!
If you’re looking for more great gift ideas for pets, make sure you check out the entire collection! Do you have plans for gifting your pets during the holiday season? What will you be creating?