Over the weekend, I had a little bit of time to wrap up some Christmas presents. However, when it came to one of my gift bags, I realized that there was no “To/From” tag attached! How was our niece going to know who her present was from?!?!
Thankfully, my box of crafting odds and ends held a solution!
All you need are a few simple items:
- Plain white gift tag (I purchased mine in a package of 20 from Michaels)
- Google eyes (2)
- Small red pom pom
- Brown pipe cleaners (2)
- Hot glue gun (or other strong glue; tacky glue would work well!)
To make the tag:
1. Using a brown marker, outline (and fill in) an oval shape for the reindeer head on the top 2/3 of the tag (I added a small point to the bottom of mine). Add ear shapes on the top. Using another marker, write your gift message. Set tag aside to allow marker to dry.
2. Each antler is composed of one pipe cleaner. Starting about halfway down the pipe cleaner, bend and twist to create points. Wrap any excess around the base of the antler. Repeat for the 2nd antler.
3. Using a glue gun (or other strong glue), attach the antlers to the top of the reindeer head, followed by the google eyes and the pom pom nose. Allow glue to dry before attaching to your package.
4. Tie your gift tag to your package using a ribbon: enjoy!
Cute, right? I know I’m biased because I made the tag myself, but I’m oh so very enamored with the results of my crafting skills. If you are receiving a present from me this holiday season, don’t be surprised if you see one of these wrapped up with it!
Do you like to DIY your own gift wrap/tags? What do you like to use to create them?