When it comes to making an easy, filling, and delicious meal, there are a few go-to options I always rely on in the kitchen. One of those happens to be a taco salad. Not only are they satisfying, but they are bright in color, easy to put together, and full of flavor and texture. Today, I want to share a scrumptious black bean taco salad with chipotle and garlic, with the help of McCormick’s Skillet Sauce!
The Sunday Supper tastemakers are all excited to be sharing recipes utilizing the different Skillet Sauces made by McCormick. With a collection of seven different styles, there are many flavor options to consider. I knew the Taco with Chipotle and Garlic would be right up my alley for this dish.
The sauce itself has a nice, robust flavor. There is a hint of the smoky chipotle peppers included, and it gives the sauce just enough kick! As for how easy it was to implement the sauce into my dish? A snap. McCormick includes suggested recipe instructions right on the packet, but you can let your creative juices flow like I did as well. It only takes a few minutes to put everything together: just simmer and stir! Everything came together in one skillet on my stove top, so not only was it a quick and delicious meal to create, but it was a breeze to clean up afterward as well. Win-win!
I really enjoy this salad for its versatility. It’s a meatless option for those of you who would like it, but you could also add some sort of meat into the mix (or top the salad with grilled chicken or shrimp, for example). It’s a “create your own adventure” style meal, if you will! Black beans are my absolute favorite type of bean to enjoy, and they pack a nice punch of protein to fill you up. The contrast between the cool salad greens and the warm black bean mixture is a great element as well. And don’t forget guacamole. It isn’t a taco salad without guacamole involved, if you ask me!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15.25 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 cup corn kernels (I use frozen)
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (8 ounces) package McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce
- Guacamole (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and red onion, then saute until the onion turns translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn and black beans into the skillet and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the McCormick Skillet Sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the bell pepper and cilantro. Reduce the heat to simmer for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
- Scoop the bean mixture over a bed of lettuce and garnish with desired toppings (guacamole, shredded cheese). Enjoy!
If you are looking for more inspiration for easy dinners with McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, make sure you follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board!
You can find more information on McCormick’s website, become a fan of theirs on Facebook, see what inspires them on Pinterest, and check out their images on Instagram!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Make sure you check out all of the amazing inspiration from the Sunday Supper family today!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Yum! This salad sounds so delicious and rich in flavors. Definitely my kind of meal when going meatless.
Prettiest taco salad I’ve seen in a long time. Yum!
We love taco salads! What a great twist using black beans.
All those warm Southwestern flavors are always my favorite. Especially when paired with beans and corn! This looks delicious!
Delish salad! I could eat this every day!
Gorgeous photos Katie! I wish that I had your salad for lunch! Yum!!
Love this, and you could even serve it in a bowl with lettuce cups and toppings for a healthy gameday lattuce wrap buffet!
Oh, I love, love taco salad—and I MUST try this easy peasy recipe!!!
Taco Salad is a go-to in our home too. Then again, I could eat these flavors, every day!
What a great dish, this look so fresh & healthy!
I absolutely love this easy meal. The flavors are so fresh and vibrant. Pinned.
Sounds like a great way to flavor taco salad!
This is my kind of dinner! Love it!
This is SO up my alley!!!!!! I’m making it in the next week – and as luck would have it, I happen to have some of that skillet sauce 🙂 Pinning to my group Easy Meatless Dinners board too!!
I am not usually a salad person, but make it a taco salad and I’ll be ready with a fork! 🙂
Such a fun recipe made with some of my favorite ingredients! Beautiful photography.
Katie this looks FABULOUS! I want to make this really soon. Love everything about it!
I love hearty salads and this is no exception! Looks great Katie!
this is very similar to what I made. . great minds think alike!! 😛 and love the bed of fresh arugula. . even better!!! delicious!!!
This is totally my kind of food! I could eat this everyday. 🙂 Pinned!
Now that is one tasty taco salad!!
Black beans are my preferred bean too! Great recipe.
Uncommonly pretty, super healthy (of course! YOU created it!) and a perfect dinner solution.