After tweeting a photo of today’s recipe for a sauteed spinach salad, I received a plethora of requests for instructions! Well, I’m quite happy to oblige!
In the past, I have not been a huge fan of spinach. It was one of those veggies that I refused to eat as a child (which also included asparagus, cauliflower, cucumbers, celery, etc.). However, it has definitely grown on me over time…and this particular recipe is so tasty AND so so easy to make!
First you caramelize some onions in EVOO and garlic…
Add the entire bag of spinach leaves…
It always amazes me that my huge bag of spinach cooks down so small! When it is reduced, I throw in some quartered cherry tomatoes…
…And sprinkle on some feta cheese crumbles.
I served our sauteed spinach salad on the side of baked chicken that I crusted with panko. So delicious…
- ¼ yellow onion, diced thin
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and minced garlic; saute until golden (about 45 seconds).
- Add diced onions; saute until caramelized (about 2 minutes).
- When onions have caramelized, add bag of fresh spinach leaves to the skillet; saute until reduced/wilted.
- When spinach is almost completely reduced, add grape tomatoes; saute 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat; add light crumbled feta cheese.
For more spinach-y goodness: