I don’t know about you, but this warm winter weather has me thinking about the summer already! I suppose living in Florida could be part of the reason, but I know it is unseasonably warm around the east coast this year. Regardless of the temperature, I am 100% a fan of enjoying the flavors of summer throughout the entire year. Thankfully, with Fresh from Florida Strawberries, I’m able to…even in December and January. Today I have a super delicious recipe for crispy strawberry and brie bites that will have your taste buds thinking the month is actually June!
When it comes to summer flavors, strawberries and basil are two things that immediately come to mind. Fresh herbs, juicy berries…does it get any better? When you put them together with a few more simple ingredients, a delicious small bite is born!
In my family, we are ALL about small bites and appetizers. I am much more of a grazer when it comes to meals: I love having small plates filled with various options so I can enjoy a lot of different things! These strawberry and brie bites are perfect for a party or just to pass around the table as an appetizer. The kicker: they are SO easy to put together and only take a few minutes to create from start to finish. That’s a big win for me, and even more of a reason why you should make them immediately.
I am kind of obsessed with these little filo shells – they are the perfect way to present an appetizer (or even a dessert), and I have been finding an endless amount of ways to fill them. However, my current favorite has to be this combination of brie, strawberries, basil, and balsamic glaze. It’s the perfect combo of sweet, savory, salty, crunchy, and smooth. Don’t believe me? Just take a few minutes to whip up a batch yourself. The colors in each bite are vibrant, and if you put a platter of these out at a gathering, they’re bound to disappear pretty quickly.
Can I also just say how fun it is to drizzle balsamic glaze? I was really getting into my artistic groove. If you’re looking for an easy way to drizzle, simply transfer your balsamic glaze to a squeeze bottle: the small opening in the tip of the bottle will make it easier for you to control exactly where each line of balsamic glaze hits on your strawberry and brie bites.
Now, you don’t have to convince the folks in my family to eat strawberries: their flavor alone has everyone in love. However, did you know that 8 medium strawberries equals your daily requirement of vitamin C? Since vitamin C improves your immune system and helps it make collagen, getting your daily intake of strawberries helps keep you in tip top shape!
I know that sometimes when you think of strawberries, your mind might think of dessert dishes, but that is not the only time of the day you can incorporate these beautiful red berries! From breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, there are so many options! That is why the Sunday Supper family has banded together today along with Fresh from Florida Strawberries to present you with an array of delicious strawberry dishes to inspire you to get those berries around the family table for any meal of the day! And for even more Florida Strawberry recipes, visit StrawberrySue.com. So, let’s get cooking, shall we?
- Strawberries, sliced thin into quarters
- Brie, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Basil, cut in a chiffonade
- Filo shells
- Balsamic glaze
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice brie cheese into small cubes (about ½ inch) and place inside filo cups: one or two cubes per cup.
- Add thin slices of strawberry on top of the brie - I used two slices per cup.
- Place crispy brie bites in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted through.
- Remove from oven: sprinkle with fresh basil, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make sure you become a fan of Florida Strawberry on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, see their snaps on Instagram, and what inspires them on Pinterest. You can also find Strawberry Sue on YouTube and Twitter.
And of course: make sure you check out all of the spectacular strawberry recipes around the family table today!
Strawberries for Starters
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Strawberries for Breakfast
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
Strawberries for Lunch
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
Strawberries for Dinner
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
What a tasty bite! This would make a great app for New Year’s Eve!
These bites are my kind of appetizer! I can’t wait to make them.
These look amazing! Crispy cups of strawberries and brie with balsamic sounds perfect!
So pretty Katie!
Perfect for New Year’s Eve, that’s for sure! I love your photos. 🙂
I’m a total grazer too, I love being able to try a little bit of everything. Small bites are the answer! These sound delicious.
A delicious bite for sure! I love that crispy, creamy, fruity combo.
These are absolutely gorgeous!!!
These are so perfect for entertaining any time of the year! Pretty and tasty!!
I’m pinning this for later! I’m thinking of doing a Phantom of the Opera menu on my blog some time. The combo of strawberries, balsamic glaze, and brie fit perfectly with the red, white, and black theme I’m planning!