Fall sports have begun and you know what that means: tailgating season! Watching fall sports is not only a fun pastime, but hosting viewing parties is a great reason to celebrate with some food and wine! Especially when the spread includes some basil and sundried tomato hummus.
One of my all-time favorite snack foods to nosh on during at home tailgates is hummus. The versatility of this spread alone makes it a perfect choice for parties. You can dip it with pretzels or pita, or opt for a healthier option with carrot sticks, bell pepper slices, and celery. It doesn’t have to serve as only a dip either! Are you planning on preparing a sandwich tray for your at home tailgate? Consider using some hummus as a spread inside in place of mayonnaise. You won’t be sorry.
Making a batch of homemade hummus is seriously a cinch, and having basil from the garden definitely gives it a fresh flavor you just can’t achieve with store bought varieties. Another plus? Creating this appetizer ahead of time is recommended (a day in advance is best), so you won’t have to worry about prep work on the day of your celebration. All you have to do is scoop it into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and set out a bowl of pretzels and vegetables for dipping!
Oh, and we can’t forget the wine, can we? For this basil and sundried tomato hummus, I would suggest pairing Pinot Grigio for white wine fans, and Pinot Noir for red wine fans. The Pinot Grigio is light and crisp, and will pair well with the chickpeas and veggies you use to dip. The Pinot Noir’s smooth and light finish won’t be too heavy against the dip and should satisfy the red wine drinker. Fortunately, Gallo Family Vineyards has the most adorable mini bottles of wine that are PERFECT for tailgating on your home turf. The small servings allow your guests to pick from a variety of flavors in the lineup – everyone can have something they like without opening up too many large bottles.
What will you be serving up during your at home tailgates this season?
Make sure you check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ Wine BBQ Pairings today! If you are searching for Gallo Family Vineyards’ wine near you, check out their store locator. You can even download a $1 off digital coupon for your next purchase!
And don’t miss out on all of the other amazing recipes by the Sunday Supper crew today!
- Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Basil and Sundried Tomato Hummus by Ruffles & Truffles
- Braided Stromboli by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Braised Brats with Apples and Onions by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken and Chorizo Nachos by Family Foodie
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Greek Style Grilled Wings with Yogurt Dill Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches by Magnolia Days
- Pizza Rolls by Momma’s Meals
- Ricotta Toasts with Tomatoes by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili by Jelly Toast
- Spicy Grilled Clams in Foil by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Strawberry Mint Red Moscato Sangria by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Ultimate Stadium Nachos by Melanie Makes
- Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.