The weather is getting warmer, and that means that I’m breaking out some salads! Once the temperature hits the high 70s and 80s, it is time to begin eating light. I integrate more salads into our nightly dinner routine, and I love it. I am always on the lookout for new ways to spice up a “regular” salad into something a bit more interesting, and this particular Garlic Herb Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette fits the bill.
I love that the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter by Land O’Lakes makes cooking up a chicken breast easy and flavorful. Sauteeing slices of chicken breast in the pan and serving them atop a bed of salad greens is a great way to serve up a quick and flavorful meal.
For this salad, I used half spring mix and half arugula, but you can really use any greens that you love. I personally adore arugula for its peppery flavor. I can’t get enough of it, but I understand if everyone isn’t as enthralled by it. Simply use a spring mix blend or a 50/50 (half spring mix, half spinach) blend of greens if you aren’t into the arugula like I am!
For the dressing, make sure to check out Emeril’s recipe for Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette. It is one of my absolute favorite dressings now if you’re looking to create something homemade. I crave it. I dip mine on the side, but feel free to drizzle if that makes more sense! If you don’t want to make your dressing from scratch, a store bought balsamic vinaigrette will do the trick as well.
This easy salad is such a simple yet wonderful weekday supper: it takes only a few minutes to put together, which is such a plus for those days when I’m feeling too busy and tired to slave over a stove! I can find 15 minutes to slice, saute, and serve this plate up!
Are you a fan of a simple salad on the weekdays?
Garlic Herb Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 square Garlic and Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- Mixed greens (I use half spring mix and half arugula)
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Balsamic herb vinaigrette (DELISH recipe here)
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the square of Saute Express saute starter to the pan and allow to melt and start bubbling. When the Saute Express begins to bubble, add the sliced chicken breast and saute until cooked through (turning halfway through), abut 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill two plates with spring mix and arugula mixture (or desired greens). Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes, shaved parmesan cheese, and cracked pepper.
- Serve sliced chicken breast on top or on the side of the salad greens, with the balsamic herb vinaigrette on the side to dip (you can also toss the salad greens slightly in the vinaigrette if preferred). Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.