It’s time to break out the slow cooker! Fall and winter seem to be the ultimate slow cooker seasons, so I’m going to do my best to take advantage. So today, I present to you a three bean, butternut, and quinoa vegetarian chili! It was the perfect recipe to whip up in honor of Sunday Supper’s weekly theme: slow cooker recipes!
As I was creating this chili in my kitchen, it dawned on me that I am seriously underutilizing my slow cooker. I very very rarely break it out, and I am not sure why. It’s a magical kitchen gadget! I have to admit I love that I can pop in ingredients, turn the dial, and walk away for a few hours until my meal is complete. Um. Can someone please figure out why I haven’t used mine in so long? I am baffled.
After creating this vegetarian chili, I have a feeling many more batches of slow cooker creations are on the horizon for our household. This was my first venture into the world of vegetarian chili, and I think it was a great success. The combination of three different beans, the sweetness of butternut squash, and the texture of the quinoa added into the mix made it all a very hearty and flavorful dish. And one that yielded a huge amount of leftovers for us – two more dinners’ worth!
Although this chili is great on its own, when it is topped with shredded cheese, or….my personal suggestion: guacamole, it makes it even better. I love the contrast of the cool and creamy guacamole against the spice in the chili. So yummy. And I honestly use any excuse to whip up a batch of guacamole that I can get.
I’m curious though: how do you like your chili? Loaded with meat? All bean? A mixture of both? What are your favorite toppings? It is cool to see how diverse the world of chili can be….
Make sure you check out all of the awesome recipes to make in your slow cooker…created by the Sunday Supper family!
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.