We’re going to take a walk down memory lane today. For a while I’ve been saying it would be fun for me to go back to some of my older posts and remake and rephotograph the recipes. Today is the first result of that endeavor with my sauteed spinach salad.
It seemed natural to make this dish again, because when I say it is a staple in our household I definitely mean it. This warm spinach salad appears on our dinner table just about every other week. It’s so easy to throw together…and super tasty. I serve it with a multitude of items depending on my mood. Most often, it accompanies fish. I really love to serve this dish on top of wild rice. The flavor combination is one of my favorites.
This recipe first made an appearance on my blog back in November of 2010. I was taking photos with my beginner DSLR and I totally thought the pictures were stellar. Oh, how fun it is to see the difference between then and now! I was taking my food photos indoors and at night, which I think is pretty apparent in the old photos…oh the yellowish brown tint!
Apparently I also didn’t know much about plating at the time, since I was taking pictures of the food directly in the pan…and then added a picture of the food on my dinner plate. Can you tell what was next to the spinach? Apparently, that was baked chicken.
Ok ok, enough making fun of myself for the time being. I urge you – consider whipping up this recipe soon. When I say it’s one of my favorite things to eat, I definitely mean it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown onion, diced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and onion and saute until the onions start to become translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes to soften them slightly.
- Next, add the fresh spinach leaves. Saute until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- When the spinach has reduced, remove from heat and serve, topped with feta cheese crumbles. Enjoy!