This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #muBARista #CollectiveBias – The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I have an important question to ask you: isn’t the combination of coffee and chocolate one of the most wonderful treats in the world? For me, it definitely is! Whenever I see that pairing, I know I have to have it. So today I definitely have to bring you a new creation from my kitchen that incorporates both coffee and chocolate: White Chocolate Cappuccino Buttercream, plus a Cappuccino Martini!
Have you ever enjoyed a coffee or espresso martini as an after dinner drink? I have to admit, it is always tempting, especially during the holiday season! A chilled cappuccino martini paired with a chocolate dessert – now that’s heavenly. And that is exactly why you have to put together this winning combination I have for you.
Let’s start with the white chocolate cappuccino buttercream. Do you make your own frosting at home? If you haven’t before, you definitely should. Fresh buttercream frosting is beyond anything you can get in a can, and there are only a few simple ingredients involved. This recipe includes stirring in some mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino to give it just the right amount of coffee flavor. I could just eat the buttercream frosting with a spoon, but it’s even better when it is paired with a chocolate dessert of some kind.
In this instance, my delivery method for the white chocolate cappuccino buttercream was dark chocolate chunk cookies. Here’s the beauty of this recipe: you can make your own cookies from scratch, make brownies to top with buttercream, or even buy store bought cookies and dress them up by sandwiching the homemade buttercream frosting between them. There’s an option for everyone out there, I tell you!
- 3 oz white baking chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino
- 2¼ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Carefully melt the white chocolate in the microwave or over the stove on a double boiler, then set aside to cool.
- With a mixer, cream the butter, then add vanilla. Gradually add the confectioners sugar ½ cup at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as it mixes. When powdered sugar is fully incorporated, add the milk, mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino, and white chocolate, and beat until fluffy and fully combined. You may have to add a few extra tablespoons of confectioners sugar if you would like a stiffer consistency in the frosting.
- Spread between chocolate cookies (or on top of brownies), and enjoy!
If you haven’t seen the mü coffeehouse cocktails before, you definitely need to keep your eyes peeled for them! They make creating delicious coffee cocktails a breeze (or even just sip them over ice or blend them with ice – at 13.9% ALC they offer quite a kick!), but are also a great addition to your dessert making needs! They are available in four different flavors – Creamy Vanilla Latte, Creamy Coco Cappuccino, Creamy Chocolate Chai, and Creamy Espresso Macchiato. I used the Creamy Coco Cappuccino for my recipes today, but you could definitely use any of the flavors to swirl into your buttercream or to use for a martini! It was a breeze for me to find the mü coffeehouse cocktails at my local Publix (they are also available at other retailers) – they are easily located in the wine aisle! There is even a $2 instant coupon hanging around the neck of the bottles!
I LOVE how easy it is to create a delicious cappuccino martini with the help of mü coffeehouse cocktails. I even took mine up a notch and added a chocolate cookie rim! All you have to do is use honey or simple syrup – you twist the rim of the glass to coat it, then roll the rim of the glass in crushed cookies. I simply put some chocolate sandwich cookies in my food processor to grind them down to a thin texture, and it worked like a dream! With your cocktail glass ready, simply shake the mü coffeehouse cocktail with vodka to chill, then pour it in, sip, and enjoy with some chocolate cookies with white chocolate cappuccino buttercream! Is there a better pairing in all the land? I say no! There is no need to leave the comfort of your home for a top notch dessert!
- 2 ounces mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino
- 1 ounce vodka
- Add the mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino and vodka to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled, about 30 seconds
- Pour into a martini glass (rimmed with crushed chocolate cookies, if desired), and enjoy!
- ***Note: to create a cookie rim, simply pulse chocolate sandwich cookies until they are a fine texture. Roll the edge of a martini glass with honey or simple syrup, then roll again in the crushed cookies. Put aside for 1-2 minutes to allow the rim to set, then add a martini!
As you’re contemplating holiday gifts, definitely consider adding mü coffeehouse cocktails to your list. Yes, you could gift a bottle of wine to the host/hostess of the holiday party, but mü coffeehouse cocktails are something unique and special!
Make sure you check out even more inspiration for coffeehouse cocktails and desserts at drinkmu.com. I’d love to hear what your favorite would be!
You’re so right homemade buttercream is infinitely better than canned frostings. I can’t even stomach those – I’d rather not eat the dessert than eat canned icing. But this, this looks amazing! #client
Ooooo! Cappuccino Martin?? YES!