It is hard to believe that 2013 has just about come to an end. It seems like just yesterday that we were ringing in the new year. Today I’m looking back fondly on some of the posts that were popular in the past year. A top ten list, if you will. It’s fun to rewind and revisit what I was up to in the past 12 months!
10. Beet pickled deviled eggs – aka “She Devils.” I loved how the color turned out on these!
9. DIY coffee filter peonies. For a 99 cent store purchase of 100 filters (plus masking tape), you can really turn them into quite a statement!
8. DIY lollipop flowers. Instead of coffee filters, use crepe paper streamers – bam!
7. Momofuku Perfect 10 Kookies. Not only did I get to try these cookies, but there was a recipe included as well. Yummo.
6. Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork. I’ve never been a big slow cooker user, but I might have to get into it more in the future…
5. Honey Lime Dressing. I have to admit: this is my #1, hands down favorite recipe for salad dressing in my arsenal. It’s good. It’s really good.
4. DIY Vertical Planter Garden. A big thanks to my talented husband (plus a bit of my brain power, of course) for constructing this amazing structure for me! I can’t wait to plant some more herbs, lettuce, and more in it in the next few months.
3. DIY Coffee Filter Roses. Similar to the peonies, but with drinking straws involved and a different cutting method!
2. Tomato Basil, and Mozzarella Pasta Salad. Again, one of my favorites. This recipe is one I could eat pretty much on any hot summer day. Plus, it’s a great item for potlucks and parties.
1. And finally, my Tree Stump Table DIY. I love this thing so so so so SOOOO much. It’s functional, it makes a statement, and it always seems to be a talking piece when people come to our home. And surprisingly…it was pretty easy to make (just time consuming).
I hope you are taking a moment today to look back and reflect on the amazingness of your 2013! Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!