Testing, testing…is everyone still here? It’s been a rough couple of days over here on the blog….from taking my site down, to rebuilding, to realizing that my site design was completely wiped out, but hopefully everything is back on track and there is nowhere to go but up! Thanks so much to everyone who sent me kind words of support as I muddled through the terrifying process. Onwards and upwards to this spring mix salad with apples, cranberries, and feta, I say!
On a very happy note, the weather here in Florida has been beyond beautiful in the past week. I definitely see beach time on the horizon, and the season to eat meals outside on the patio has arrived!
One dish I really like to serve up in the spring and summer is a fresh and flavorful spring mix salad. Did you catch the recipe for honey lime dressing I shared previously? The salad I’m sharing today is the perfect complement alongside it. It is wonderful for all times of the day too: I serve it for brunch…for lunch…and for dinner! It’s such a versatile little salad. Plus: it’s a cinch to put together.
I love this salad for all of the different flavors that come out to play. There’s the sweetness of the apple, which is contrasted by the tart flavor of the cranberries. Add to that the salty flavor and creamy texture of the feta cheese, and top it all off with the fresh and slightly zippy honey lime dressing…it’s really a winning combination for me.
So – set your table out on the patio, lanai, or wherever you’d like to dine, and serve up this spring mix salad as soon as you can! Are you a fan of dining outside when the weather permits?
Spring Mix Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Feta
- 5 oz spring mix lettuce blend
- ½ apple, diced (type of your choosing)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Feta cheese, for sprinkling
- Honey Lime Dressing
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Combine spring mix, apple, cranberries, and feta in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with honey lime dressing (about 2 tablespoons - start with a light amount) and toss gently with salad tongs to distribute. Add more dressing gradually and keep tossing if desired, until all of the leaves are covered lightly with the salad dressing.
- Serve with fresh cracked pepper. And, if you're a fan of them...adding a few slivered almonds to top the salad is also a nice treat. Enjoy!