It’s pretty clear what we are all gearing up for this week: the big game! With that comes oh so many options for finger foods and snacks. One of my all time favorite snacks to enjoy with a group are flatbreads! There are so many combinations and flavors to create. You can go with classic pizza toppings or switch it up for something unique and unexpected. The sky’s the limit!
Today, I want to share one of my favorite flavor combinations as of late: they all combine to make a red pepper and corn flatbread! It’s a little sweet, a little savory, a touch tangy, a bit crunchy, and all around delicious!
Another thing to love? It’s a fabulous finger food item to share…but it can just as easily become a meal. Toss together a big green salad to serve on the side of your red pepper and corn flatbread, and you’re all set! No need to share if you don’t want to…
- 1 flatbread
- ¼ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen that has been defrosted)
- ¼ cup red pepper, sliced
- ⅛ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a working surface, sprinkle corn, red pepper, red onion, and goat cheese evenly over the top of the flatbread.
- Carefully transfer the flatbread onto a baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Slice, and serve!