Who’s ready to fire up the grill? It’s the time of the year when everyone tries to avoid heating up the house by using the oven. At least, I know that is true for our household! The temperatures in Florida are hot enough; using the oven definitely affects the overall temperature in our home. No-bake recipes are certainly a life saver for the summer months!
Of course, I have had an obsession with grilled pizza for quite some time now. I love the crisp crust and the added flavor from the grill that is infused into the dish. There are so many topping ideas possible, but have you ever had a pizza with an egg on top? If you have not enjoyed the amazingness yet, you need to add it to your foodie bucket list as soon as possible. When you break through the yolk in the egg and dip your crust into it, get yourself ready for a flavor explosion of awesome proportions. The first time I enjoyed an egg on a pizza, I was immediately hooked. So, it just seemed natural to make a grilled pizza for this challenge.
So tell me: have you enjoyed an egg on one of your pizzas? What did you think?
Do you have your own no bake recipe for the summer? You can enter the Safest Choice No-Bake Summer Recipe Contest for your chance to win a Food & Wine Conference pass, a $500 gift card, and a year of free eggs! Pretty awesome, eh?
***This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.***
- Pizza dough (I separated my dough into two smaller rounds)
- 5-6 tbsp marinara or pizza sauce
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced (more if desired)
- 2 eggs - Davidson’s Safest Choice recommended
- 2 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Heat grill to around 500° F. As it is heating up, stretch/roll the pizza doughs to about ¼ inch thick rounds. I like to roll my dough with a sprinkle of cornmeal on the working surface! Place on a baking sheet or other surface to transfer to the grill.
- When the pizza dough is rolled out, carefully slide it directly on to the grill grates (you can spray the grates with a bit of nonstick cooking spray if desired). Close the grill lid and let the dough cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the bottom of the crusts are golden and some char lines can be seen. Transfer the crusts back to your baking sheet, but flip the pizza crust so the bottom that was touching the grates is now facing up.
- On the turned over pizza crusts, lightly spread the marinara sauce, then top with the sliced mozzarella. However, leave a circular opening/well in the center of the pizza; this will be for the egg to sit in! When this is complete, transfer the pizza back on to the grill. Crack an egg in the center of each pizza, then close the grill lid and cook for an additional 4 minutes, until the egg whites are no longer clear and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove cooked pizza from the grill and on to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with arugula leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Slice into pieces, top with parmesan cheese, and enjoy! Don't forget to dip your crust in the amazing egg yolk either!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Make sure you stop by all of the other Sunday Supper contributors to see their amazing no bake recipes today!
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen