Are you ready to be in the holiday “spirit?” Of course, there are so many wonderful holiday details and happenings to be seen lately, and it really makes me feel like it is the most wonderful time of the year. However, it wouldn’t be the holidays without a festive cocktail or two, so today’s Cranberry Moscow Mule should do the trick: it’s an easy to make and oh so delicious drink everyone will enjoy…and is perfect for today’s Sunday Supper of libational recipes!
You’ve probably seen them on drink menus everywhere: the Moscow Mule has been so very popular in the last year or so. Part of it might be the simple and delicious flavor…some of it might be the allure of the eye catching copper mug it is served in. I have to admit: it drew my attention from the start!
Admittedly, I am not one for crafting cocktails with 100 different ingredients: I like to keep it simple, and this Cranberry Moscow Mule contains the bar staples I pretty much always have on hand. My biggest challenge with this drink is finding my favorite ginger beer to use. I am telling you – I’ve probably sampled every label there is out there. Some are more sweet, some are more spicy…it just depends. Ginger beer is pretty easy to find nowadays (I have even seen it in my local grocery store), but if you really are in a pinch and can’t procure ginger beer, you could substitute some ginger ale. It won’t be exactly the same, but hey: sometimes you have to improvise. If you wanted to create a virgin version of this drink, simply leave out the vodka – it will still be a festive and tasty beverage (note: ginger beer is non-alcoholic….despite the name “beer”).
As for the mugs: I highly recommend getting a set of copper ones if you love a Moscow Mule as much as I do. Although it isn’t a required piece of the puzzle for this cocktail, it really does add an extra bit of excitement. Plus – the copper mug keeps your beverage cold for SO much longer than a regular glass. I’ve been seeing copper mugs everywhere lately – even at Target! This particular set, however, was a gift from Justin. Our pair are handcrafted 100% copper (no stainless steel inside like you see on a lot of the mugs), and I love the hammered, rustic look!
So – what are your favorite libational recipes you enjoy during the holiday season?
- 1 ounce vodka
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- Squeeze of lime (about ¼ of a lime)
- Fill a copper mug ⅔ full with crushed ice.
- Add ginger beer, cranberry juice, and lime. Stir gently to combine.
Make sure you check out all of the amazing libational recipes from the Sunday Supper family today!
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots by Pancake Warriors
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Coconut Biscotti with Amaretto Salted Caramel Drizzle by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.